The STEM outreach team at Texas A&M University at Qatar has decades of combined experience in higher education. Thanks to diverse backgrounds and academic expertise, we are able to offer engaging STEM learning opportunities across a range of topics. This includes exciting hands-on programs for school students in grades 3–12, in addition to professional development for teachers, counselors and curriculum coordinators. We work closely with schools and education officials across the country to motivate Qatar’s youth and stimulate learning in STEM fields.
We welcome collaboration opportunities, particularly in student programs and research related to the following topics.
- STEM curriculum development and innovation
- novel integration of STEM disciplines in project-based learning
- adaptation of pre-university STEM activities and projects toward national priorities and grand challenges themes
- team building and near-peer mentoring
- culturally responsive STEM awareness
- student identity and motivation toward STEM studies
- arts and humanities in support of critical thinking
- ethics and communication skills in pre-university STEM activities